#MustReadin2019 Hosted by There’s a Book for That
This marks my 2nd year participating in this reading challenge and in 2018, I found it to be a great way to commit to reading a dozen titles that I was most excited for. There was no limit to the number of titles to read, that was simply the number I chose. In 2018, I read 9 out of 12 books or technically 9 out of 11 because one of the titles pushed the release date into 2019 (On the Come Up by Angie Thomas). You can read more about the books I chose last year in my final update post of the year here.
I’m going with 17 titles that I can’t wait to read in 2019. They are in this PicCollage and are all scheduled to be released in 2019. Please note that I will update this once covers have been revealed for Dragon Thief (Dragons in a Bag #2) by Zetta Elliott and My Life as an Ice-Cream Sandwich by Ibi Zoboi. Links to Author Websites and known release dates are at the end of this post. Happy New Year & Happy Reading!
If this sounds like a challenge you’d be interested in, read this post on There’s a Book for That. What books can’t you wait to read in 2019?
Links to the Authors of the books in my #MustReadin2019 List (by release date)
- Fearless Mary: The True Adventures of Mary Fields, American Stagecoach Driver by Tami Charles (1/1/19)
- A Song for Gwendolyn Brooks by Alice Faye Duncan (1/1/19)
- Brave Ballerina: The Story of Janet Collins by Michelle Meadows (1/8/19)
- The Roots of Rap: 16 Bars on the 4 Pillars of Hip-Hop by Carole Boston Weatherford (1/8/19)
- Planting Stories by Anika Denise Aldamuy (1/15/19)
- New Kid by Jerry Craft (2/5/19)
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas (2/5/19)
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi (3/5/19)
- How High the Moon by Karyn Parsons – Link to Sweet Blackberry (3/5/19)
- A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée (3/12/19)
- The Last Day of Summer by Lamar Giles (4/2/19)
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo (5/7/19)
- My Fate According to the Butterfly by Gail Villanueva (7/30/19)
- Color Me In by Natasha Diaz (8/20/19)
- My Life as an Ice-Cream Sandwich by Ibi Zoboi (8/27/19)
- The Crossover (graphic novel) by Kwame Alexander (9/24/19)
- The Dragon Thief (Dragons in a Bag Book #2) by Zetta Elliott (10/22/19)
Must Read in 2019 Hosted by There’s A Book For That – UPDATE!
Since I first shared my #MustReadin2019 list, this beautiful graphic you see below appeared on Twitter posted by debut author Karen Strong. As a result, I now have 4 more books to add to my reading challenge. I already had A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée on my list so that is why I’m adding 4 instead of 5 books. I will post links to each author’s sites just below the graphic.
If you are interested in participating in the #MustReadin2019 reading challenge, you can find out more about it here.
Author Links & Release Dates
Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams (1/15/19)
A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée (3/12/19)
Just South of Home by Karen Strong (5/7/19)
For Black Girls Like Me by Mariama J. Lockington (7/30/19)
The Forgotten Girl by India Hill Brown (11/5/19)